Saturday, June 26, 2010

Peer Review

The peers that I commented on were:

Joshua Nardolillo : Joshua's Elements and Principles
Joshua's Albright Knox
and Sarah Bojak: Sarah's Elements and Principles
Sarah's Albright Knox

2. Were there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Were the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

Joshua and I had a couple of the same images: "The Wedding" ~ different reason, he had a more personal one than I did, and "Dinamismo di un Cane al Guinzaglio" we had the same reason.

My final selection didn't include any of the same pieces as Sarah's did, but I almost chose several of hers!

3. Were there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

Joshua chose "Kill Yourself," as one he would like to know more about. When I originally looked at it, I was repulsed. After reading his reasons for why he wanted to know more about it, I too was intrigued! Like Josh, I would like to know what was going on in the artist's life to compel her to write that.


4. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

I enjoy this more than responding to the questions from the book. All too often I find that people are copying the answers directly from the book and unless there is some kind of opinion related question, then it is not as rich of a conversation. Besides this way you get to see what other people are creating which makes it much more interesting!

5. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I enjoyed reading the comments, whether I agreed with them or not! Art is the only subject that I know of where somebody somewhere will love what you have done and someone else hates it!

No comments:

Post a Comment